Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Search Has Begun

Short Introduction:

My name is Zack Lee. I am student at the University of British Columbia in the Faculty of Arts. My major is International Relations and I am minoring in Economics. I joined the Arts Co-operative Education Program in 2004 in the hopes that it will give me job experiences that I would not find anywhere. I am currently working at the UBC Office of Learning Technology as a Marketing Assistant for my fourth and fifth work term. These will be my last terms because I will be graduating next year.

Project Summary:

While working at OLT, I have come into contact with developments in learning technologies. I became more aware of what is available to students and I want to tap into these resources. One area that comes into mind is the electronic portfolio or e-portfolio. E-portfolios are web-base portfolios. There are benefits and of course, some pitfalls. Some of which will be discussed later. Arts Co-op conducts site visits at a student's work place. My site visit with Coby Fulton was fruitful in the sense that I found that the co-op office might be receptive to the project.

Goal:

Report on the feasibility of using e-portfolios for the co-op program. Research different tools available to students in order to create e-portfolios.

Blog Purpose:

The primary purpose of this blog is to document the progress of this project. It will give insight to my thought process and how the project is developing. At the end, I hope to write a reflection/report on the work I have done.

Comments/Suggestions:

For anybody reading this blog, if you have any comments, suggestions, thoughts, etc. please do not hesitate to leave me a message under any of the posts that I have already made.

No comments: